How to Choose the best VPN for your PC?
In today’s digital world, many internet users’ primary worries are privacy and security. When we go online to read the web, shop online, or connect with others, malevolent third parties or even our own Internet Service Providers (ISPs) can easily follow and monitor our personal data and online activity. Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) come in handy in this situation. So we need to know what the best VPN for PC is.
Virtual Private Network (VPN):
VPN is an abbreviation for Virtual Private Network. It is a technology that allows people to connect their devices to the internet in a secure and encrypted manner. It happens because their internet traffic is routed through an intermediary server. Because it covers the user’s IP address and encrypts their internet traffic, this can assist safeguard their privacy and security. As a result, third-party tracking of their internet activities becomes more difficult. VPNs are routinely used by individuals and organizations to safely and secretly access the internet. Especially while viewing sensitive information or using public Wi-Fi networks. In this article, we’ll look at the top 5 best VPNs on PCs.
List of Top Five Best VPN On PC:
ExpressVPN is considered the best VPN on PC available today. It offers excellent security features and fast connection speeds. To safeguard your online activities from prying eyes, the VPN employs military-grade encryption. It offers servers in more than 90 countries, allowing you to access geo-restricted content from all around the world easily. All major operating systems, including Windows, macOS, and Linux, are supported by ExpressVPN. Also, it offers easy-to-use apps that make it simple to connect to the VPN.
However, as with any product or service, there are also some drawbacks that should be considered. The followings are some pros & cons of using ExpressVPN:
- High level of security: ExpressVPN protects your online activities by using advanced encryption protocols. thereby protecting your data from hackers and other hackers on the internet.
- Fast connection speeds: One of the fastest connection speeds among VPNs is offered by ExpressVPN. It enables you to stream and download information without experiencing any lagging or buffering problems.
- Wide range of server locations: Because ExpressVPN provides servers in over 90 nations, customers may access a huge selection of geographically restricted content from all around the world.
- User-friendly interface: Even beginners may easily set up and use ExpressVPN thanks to its easy and friendly design.
- Compatibility with multiple devices: Numerous operating systems, including Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, Linux, and more, are supported by ExpressVPN.
- Higher price point: ExpressVPN costs more than some other VPN services available on the market, thus it might not be within everyone’s price range.
- Limited simultaneous connections: It’s possible that some users who need to connect many devices won’t be able to connect with ExpressVPN because it only permits up to 5 simultaneous connections per account.
- No free trial: Additionally, It doesn’t provide a free trial. This can make it challenging for users to try out the service before subscribing.
- Limited customer support options: The only customer support options provided by ExpressVPN are live chat and email, neither of which are as practical as phone support or a comprehensive knowledge base.
- May not work in highly censored countries: ExpressVPN might not function in nations with strict internet censorship laws, like China, where VPNs are severely prohibited.
One of the more costly VPN offerings available is ExpressVPN. However, it’s also one of the most well-liked. Three different levels of pricing are provided by ExpressVPN:
- a monthly plan costs $12.95 per month,
- a six-month cost $9.99 per month,
- and a 12-month plan costs $8.32 per month.
There is a 30-day money-back guarantee available for all the plans.
While considered the top best VPN on PC NordVPN also has its name. Another widely used VPN is NordVPN, which is renowned for its superior privacy and security features. To safeguard your online activity, the VPN employs two levels of encryption. As a result, It will be practically impossible for someone to intercept your data. With servers spread across more than 60 nations, NordVPN provides quick connection times and limitless bandwidth. The VPN also provides a number of advanced functions. It is a great option for people who wish to be safe and secure online because of its features, which include ad blocking and malware protection.
Like any other best VPN on pc, there are both pros and cons to using NordVPN. Let’s have a look at some advantages and disadvantages of NordVPN:
- Strong security features: To keep your online activities secret and secure, NordVPN uses military-grade encryption and provides a variety of security techniques, such as Double VPN and Onion Over VPN.
- Large server network: With more than 5,500 servers spread across more than 60 nations, NordVPN offers users immediate and consistent access to geo-restricted content from all over the world.
- No-logs policy: Because it strictly adheres to the no-logs policy, NordVPN does not maintain any records of your online activities.
- Ad-blocking and malware protection: CyberSecurity, a service included with NordVPN, guards your device against malware and other online risks while blocking ads.
- User-friendly interface: Even for beginners, setting up and using NordVPN is simple thanks to its clear and user-friendly interface.
- Inconsistent connection speeds: Although NordVPN often provides fast connection connections, some customers may see variable speeds. Both their geographic location and the server to which they are connected determine this.
- Price point: Compared to other VPN services available, NordVPN is very costly, thus it might not be within everyone’s budget.
- Limited customer support options: There are only two ways to contact NordVPN’s customer support—live chat and email. It might not be as practical as telephone help or a thorough knowledge base.
- Potentially problematic jurisdiction: The country of Panama, where NordVPN is headquartered, might not offer the same level of privacy protection as other nations.
Limited simultaneous connections: Only six simultaneous connections are permitted per account with NordVPN. which, for those who need to connect many devices, might not be sufficient.
However, NordVPN is a mid-range VPN service that gives its users access to a number of features and advantages. There are four different price tiers offered by NordVPN:
- There is a monthly plan that costs $11.95 per month
- There is a one-year plan that costs $4.92 per month
- There is a two-year plan that costs $3.30 per month
- There is a three-year plan that costs $3.30 per month
There is also a 30-day money-back guarantee on all plans.
Beginners will love using CyberGhost because it is a simple VPN. The VPN makes it simple to view geo-restricted content from anywhere in the world by providing quick connection speeds and more than 7,000 servers in 90 countries. Additionally, CyberGhost protects your internet activity by using military-grade encryption. Additionally, it strictly enforces a no-logging policy to guarantee the privacy of your data. All popular operating systems, including Windows, macOS, and Linux, are compatible with the VPN. Additionally, it provides simple-to-use tools that make connecting to the VPN uncomplicated.
However, there are advantages and disadvantages to using CyberGhost, just like with any VPN service. The following are some of the primary benefits and drawbacks of CyberGhost:
- Strong security features: CyberGhost, which offers a variety of security methods, such as OpenVPN and IKEv2, in addition to using military-grade encryption to safeguard your online activity.
- Large server network: CyberGhost has over 7,100 servers in more than 90 countries, providing users with access to a vast amount of geo-restricted content from around the world.
- User-friendly interface: Even beginners may easily set up and use CyberGhost thanks to its intuitive user interface.
- No-logs policy: Since it strictly adheres to the no-logs principle, CyberGhost does not keep any records of what you do online.
- Ad-blocking and malware protection: CyberGhost comes with ad-blocking and malware protection features, helping to keep your device safe from online threats.
- Inconsistent connection speeds: Depending on where they are located and which server they are connecting to, certain CyberGhost users may encounter fluctuating connection speeds.
- Price point: Compared to some other VPN services on the market, CyberGhost is relatively expensive, and may not be affordable for everyone.
- Limited customer support options: The customer support options of CyberGhost are limited to live chat and email, which may not be as convenient as having access to phone support or a comprehensive knowledge base.
- Limited simultaneous connections: CyberGhost only allows up to 7 simultaneous connections per account, which may not be enough for users who need to connect multiple devices.
- Potential privacy concerns: Romania, where CyberGhost is headquartered and which is not a part of the 14 Eyes partnership, can yet be under government surveillance.
Strong security features and a vast server network are available from CyberGhost, a reasonably priced VPN service, also the best vpn on pc. Three different pricing options are available from CyberGhost:
- a monthly subscription for $12.99
- a one-year plan for $3.99,
- and a three-year plan for $2.25.
There is a 45-day money-back available on all plans.
A relatively new VPN, Surfshark is quickly becoming well-known for its top-notch security features and reasonable pricing. It is simple to access geo-restricted content from all around the world with the VPN because it has servers in over 65 countries and employs robust encryption to safeguard your online activities. For customers who wish to be safe and secure online, Surfshark also provides a variety of cutting-edge features including ad blocking and malware prevention.
There are benefits and drawbacks to using Surfshark, just as with any other good or service. The following are some of the primary advantages and drawbacks of Surfshark:
- Strong security features: To keep your online activities private and secure, Surfshark uses military-grade encryption and provides a variety of security protocols.
- Large server network: Surfshark has more than 3,200 servers in over 65 countries, providing users with fast and reliable access to geo-restricted content from around the world.
- No-logs policy: Since it strictly adheres to the no-logs policy, Surfshark does not maintain any records of your activities on the internet.
- Unlimited simultaneous connections: Surfshark is great for households with multiple devices on the market because it enables users to connect quite a lot number of devices to the VPN service, making it available to a wide range of users.
- Affordable pricing: Since Surfshark is among the most reasonably priced VPN services available, a variety of consumers can utilize it.
- Inconsistent connection speeds: Depending on where they are using vpn and the server they are connecting to when using Surfshark, users may encounter variable connection speeds.
- Limited advanced features: While Surfshark offers a range of security features, it may not have as many advanced features as some other VPN services on the market.
- Limited server locations: While Surfshark has a large server network, it may not have as many server locations as some other VPN services, which may be a drawback for users in certain regions.
- Limited customer support options: Surfshark’s customer support options are limited to live chat and email, which may not be as convenient as phone support or a comprehensive knowledge base.
One of the most cost-effective and best VPN on PC services available, Surfshark is a preferred option for those on a tight budget. In total, Surfshark provides three price tiers:
- a monthly subscription costs $12.95
- a one-year plan costs $4.98
- and a two-year plan costs $2.49.
There is also a 30-day money-back available.
Private Internet Access (PIA):
Popular VPN Private Internet Access (PIA) is renowned for its top-notch security features and software that is easy to use. It is simple to access geo-restricted content from all over the world with the VPN because it has servers in over 70 countries and employs robust encryption to safeguard your online activities. Additionally, PIA has a strict no-logging policy that guarantees the privacy of your data, and it offers a variety of cutting-edge features, including virus protection and ad blocking, that makes it a great option for customers who want to feel safe and secure online.
Like every VPN service, using PIA has both benefits and drawbacks. The following are some of the primary advantages and drawbacks of PIA:
- Strong security features: To keep your online activities private and secure. PIA uses military-grade encryption and provides a variety of security methods.
- Large server network: PIA has over 29,000 servers in more than 77 countries, providing users with fast and reliable access to geo-restricted content from around the world.
- No-logs policy: Since PIA strictly adheres to the no-logs policy, it does not maintain any records of what you do on the internet.
- Affordable pricing: PIA is among the most reasonably priced VPN services available, making it available to a variety of consumers.
- Advanced features: Ad-blocking, virus protection, and split-tunneling, which enables users to choose which apps or websites use the VPN connection, are just a few of the complex capabilities that PIA offers.
- Limited customer support options: PIA offers limited customer support options, which include only live chat and email. This may not be as convenient as having access to phone support or a comprehensive knowledge base.
- Potential privacy concerns: PIA is based in the United States, which is a member of the 5 Eyes alliance and may be subject to government surveillance.
- Inconsistent connection speeds: Some users may experience inconsistent connection speeds when using PIA.
- Limited simultaneous connections: PIA only allows up to 10 simultaneous connections per account. Which may not be enough for users who need to connect multiple devices.
- User interface: Some users may find PIA’s user interface to be less user-friendly than other VPN services.
PIA is affordable and also has robust features. Let us have a look at its pricing:
- A monthly plan costs $9.95 per month
- a one-year plan costs $3.33 per month
- and a two-year plan costs $2.69 per month.
- PIA also provides a two-year subscription for $2.69 per month.
There is a 30-day money-back guarantee available.
In conclusion, all of the VPN services we have discussed – ExpressVPN, NordVPN, CyberGhost, Surfshark, and Private Internet Access (PIA) – offer their users a range of features and benefits. Each of these VPNs has its own unique strengths and weaknesses. and they are the best VPN on pc. And ultimately, the choice of VPN service will depend on individual needs and preferences. Whether you are looking for top-notch security, a large server network, or affordability, there is a VPN service out there that will meet your needs. Eventually, while choosing a VPN, it is important to consider facts like security, speed, server network, and pricing before making a decision. To ensure that you choose the VPN service that best suits your needs and budget, you can do so.
Some FAQs about the Best VPN on PC
Q: How do I choose the best VPN for my PC?
A: You should think about aspects like security, speed, usability, and cost when selecting a VPN for your PC. To improve your online privacy and security. It’s crucial to look for VPNs that have features like a kill switch and split tunneling.
Q: Can I use a VPN on multiple devices?
A: Yes, most VPNs allow you to use their service on multiple devices, including PCs, laptops, smartphones, and tablets. However, the number of devices that you can connect simultaneously may vary depending on the VPN provider and pricing plan. So, you should use the best VPN on pc.
Q: Is it legal to use a VPN?
A: Yes, it is legal to use a VPN in most countries. However, some countries may have restrictions on the use of VPNs. So, it’s important to check local laws before using a VPN.
Q: Can a VPN slow down my internet connection?
A: Yes, using a VPN can sometimes result in slower internet speeds due to the extra encryption and routing of data. However, the impact on speed will vary depending on the VPN provider and server location. Some VPNs offer optimized servers for faster speeds, so it’s important to choose a VPN that meets your speed requirements. So, you should use the best VPN on pc.
Q: Can I access geo-restricted content with a VPN?
A: Yes, a VPN can allow you to access geo-restricted content by masking your IP address and making it appear as if you are located in a different country. However, it’s important to note that accessing copyrighted content that is not available in your region may be illegal and can result in consequences.